chrisdickey

Summary

Incorrect portal link

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

When a new record is created e.g for a new client and then I immediately create a new linked record  e.g. a client visit - then a portal in the new client shows links to the previous client records ( the n-1 records).  If you check this in FM Pro 13 it correctly identifies the portal records showing FM Go to be wrong.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Simply creating a new client and immediately create a new linked record without quitting out of the initial layout

Expected result

Client portal would only show those client related records

Actual result

Showed related records from the previous client in the record set

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no error

Configuration information

-

Workaround

The fix was:   after creating the new client record to exit out of that record layout - then re-find and re-enter the client and now create the linked record (a client visit) and now the portal works correctly.

• 1. Re: Incorrect portal link
          TSGal

Chris Dickey:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  Here are the steps I took:

1. I created a new database file (Main.fmp12) with two tables, Main and Portal.  They are connected via a number field "ID".  Main has a text field Name, and Portal has a text field Phone.  The relationship allows records to be added to Portal.

2. On the Main layout, I created a portal into "Portal", displaying Phone.

3. I created a record with name "TSGal", and added three portal Phone values.

4. I created another record with name "Chris", and added two portal Phone values.

5. I closed the file, transferred the file to my iPad, launched FileMaker Go, and opened the transferred file.

6. I added a new record with name "AAA", and added five portal records.  At no time did I see records for "TSGal" nor "Chris".

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Incorrect portal link
            philmodjunk

Did you test on an iOS 7 device? (That's the difference I noted when I first read this one...)

• 3. Re: Incorrect portal link
              TSGal

PhilModJunk:

I tested this on both an iOS 8.2 (iPad 3) and iOS 7.1.2 (iPad unknown generation).  Both results were the same.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.