CharisMurata

Summary

Information from the last visited record for MAC

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

The Command ʻ (apostrophe) in the current Filemaker Pro 11 does not work.  It worked great in FM Pro 7.  Is there a new keyboard short cut for the option to duplicate from the previous record?
      It was one of my favorite shortcuts.  Is there a problem with this?  I am using a MAC.

• 1. Re: Information from the last visited record for MAC
          user15307

Charis Murata,

Thank you for posting.

When you view the Insert menu when on the new field, there should be the option to insert "From Last Visited Record".  What happens when you select the option from the menu rather than using the keyboard shortcut?

If that works as it should, it is possible there is something else interfering with FileMaker's interpretiation of your keyboard entry.

Please let me know what you find.

TSTuatara

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Information from the last visited record for MAC
            CharisMurata

I have since learned that the Last Visited Record using the Command+ʻ only works with PC and not MAC.  I am using FMP 11.  Will this problem be fixed?  It used to work in FMP 7 for MAC.  What has changed?

Charis Murata

Thank you for the information which I had no idea existed.  The "From Last Visted Record" does work; however it can be cumbersome if I am trying to move quickly.  The Comnmand apostrophe still does not work.  On the Insert Menu that is the shortcut and what I am used to using.  How do I get this option to work now?  Is this by any chance a quirk in the program?  It is one of my favorite options.

Charis Murata

• 3. Re: Information from the last visited record for MAC
              CharisMurata

I asked this question in April of 2012 - Why doesnʻt the Command + ʻ key work on the MAC?

I was sent a response that the Last Visited Record using the Command+ʻ only works with PC and not MAC.  I am using FMP 11.  Will this problem be fixed?  It used to work in FMP 7 for MAC.  What has changed?

The response from the Tech team was that this option was not offered in MAC but only PC.  Do you know if this will change in future upgrades?  I donʻt understand why the two programs are different.  I donʻt want to upgrade to a later version if this option is not available.  I regret upgrading to FMP11.  The FMP 7 worked a whole lot better but I had no choice to upgrade because of my MAC operating system not recognizing the lower version of FMP.  Am I the only person who uses this command option?  It is a whole lot quicker than going up to INSERT and highlighting from last visited record.  This really throws me off especially when I do many multiple forms.  I find it easier to copy from the previous record and paste in the next record.

Do you know if this option will be offered in a later version?

Thanks

Charis