Summary

Insert Picture... into container fails

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.0v3

Operating system version

Description of the issue

In my database, and subsequently reproduced in a new database with one Container field I am finding an issue with the Insert Picture (into a Container) function. The source of the picture is from the Media/Photo selection and then from my Aperture Library, but I also find this failure from Photo Booth as well.

It appears that when the file is first opened I am able to insert one picture (sometimes). But then in any other records or in trying to replace that one successful picture insert the function fails.

In the attached image file (called failure.png) you see a simple one field database that is a container. The image in this picture (AA174) is a TIFF file in Aperture. When I first tried to insert the picture the 'Open' button never changed from being greyed out. After quitting the file and reopening the function worked, as you can see the image in the container. When I tried to add another (even the same image) to a second record, the failure occurred. And when trying to insert a new picture on this record a failure occurred. The failure.png image is a screen capture of the failure state. For correct operation, the Open button should be showing blue at this point.

I have repaired permissions, with no change in result.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Quit Filemaker. Reopen.

Expected result

Insert Picture (into Container) to work. i.e. the Open button should show blue such that it can be selected.

Actual result

Insert Picture (into Container) does not work. i.e. the Open button is greyed out such that it cannot be selected.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error messages appear.

Configuration information

iMac i7
      2.8 GHz
      8 GB RAM

Workaround

None found so far.

failure.png

• 1. Re: Insert Picture... into container fails
          TSGal

Mark Collins:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  On my iMac running Mac OS X 10.7.2, I launched FileMaker Pro 10.0v3, created a database file with a Container field.  In the first record, I selected Insert Picture and selected a file from my local drive.  In the second record, I inserted a picture from a mounted server.  In the third record, I inserted the original picture, and in the fourth record, I inserted the picture from the mounted server.  Each of these files are TIF files.  I then repeated the steps with JPG files.

I know three months have passed, so if you have found a resolution to this problem, please post it here so others with similar symptoms can benefit.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.