Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I did:
1. I created a new database file in FileMaker Pro 12.0v5. One Container field was created set for Global Storage and repeating four times. The Container field was set to Optimize for Image with the option to Reduce image to fit.
2. I inserted two PNG files, a JPG file, and a TIFF file. All looked as expected. I then removed all four images and quit FileMaker Pro 12.
3. I launched FileMaker Pro 13.0v1, opened the file, and inserted the same four images. All images looked as expected.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
I guess the main difference is that you used a Mac.
Can you please try the same on Windows?
I just performed the same steps above using Windows 7 with FileMaker Pro 12.0v4 and FileMaker Pro 13.0v1. No change.
If you want, send me the PNG image so I can try it here. Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.
Container images can be set to "enlarge or reduce" to fit. So I'm a bit puzzled as how this could even be visible. Got a screen shot that you can upload that illustrates the issue?
Or maybe the difference is in the data formatting setup that I just mentioned...
Changing the 'reduce to fit' to 'reduce or enlarge' does correct the issue but I have hundreds of these in my solution and it's a big pain to do.
I recreated the issue from scratch (FMA 12v4 Win7):
- Created a new DB in FM 12
- Created a global container with 4 repetitions and duplicated it (see zzz and zzz copy)
- Dragged 4 PNG files into the container in FM12 - worked fine (all 64 pixel squares)
- Closed and re-opened in FMA 13 dragged the same files in the copy field - graphics are tiny
I have similar problem with some jpegs, if the container is set to "reduce image to fit". But it depends on DPI settings of the image.
Here is sample database - on first layout, the image is smaller than in second layout.
You are right, it does depend on the DPI.
When I lowered it from 300DPI to 72 the size changed on re-import.
Now the question is: is it a bug or a 'feature'?
One of our testers pointed out that if the image is inserted as a reference, then the Image DPI is not taken into account when rendering the issue. If the file is embedded, there is no issue.
This worked differently in FileMaker Pro 12, and it is considered an issue; not a feature. I have included your posts with the original report. The information has been sent to Development for additional review.
An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.
I just wanted to point out that, i experienced, for years, the same behavior BUT "layout-side", when i inserted a graphic object on a layout. And the reason also was the high DPI of the PNG.
Don't know if it can help...