FMPA 12v1

Operating system version

Win 7

Description of the issue

The behavior section,
      Field entry
      the "e" of "Find mode" is trunked and only display half of the "e"

Steps to reproduce the problem

Was in FMA11 still in FMA12, so it's time someone tell them!!

Expected result

None

Actual result

Ugly !

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Workaround

N/A

inspector.JPG

• 1. Re: Inspector display glitch
          TSGal

JFFortier:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the truncation issue under Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X 10.6.8 and Mac OS X 10.7.3 using FileMaker Pro 11 and FileMaker Pro 12.

What type of machine are you running Windows 7?  I'll try to find a similar machine here.

Do you have access to another Windows 7 machine?  If so, does the issue also manifest itself on that machine?

Any other information you can provide to replicate the issue would be appreciated.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Inspector display glitch
            JFFortier

Well I use a generic PC, Clone. I'm the only one in the office that use Win 7.

I've look on the other PC that run XP SP3 and it's doing the same (and since all the PC use a sysprep, my guess is they will have the same display.

Another subject, I just install it on Virtual XP machine in Win7 and the display is the same

BUT... the solution I open have container field with PDF, and as soon I open the file, some dialog box open and offer me to save the PDF to the local drive ?? I have here's the snap shot, I notice because on that virtual machine, no Acrobat or PDF reader is install.... so FM doesn't know what to do with those container ?? Should I open a new report ticket ??

I switch to french and see if something is wrong, but it's fine, the inspector is larger in french to match the longer names of options.

I use Win7 and XP french version, but use FMA in english maybe that will help ?!

• 3. Re: Inspector display glitch
              JFFortier

haaaa I found it... switch you theme to Classic instead of Windows XP and their you have it... the "e" goes from full to haft

That is why it was showing it every where the same, It's an AD deploy to have Classic display on all the station (I hate the XP Look!!) and also for one other software that was design in VB that doesn't look good in XP mode !!

Hope this help, and what about the other trouble for the PDF ?

• 4. Re: Inspector display glitch
                TSGal

JFFortier:

Thank you for the additional information.

I have sent the information about French Windows with English FileMaker Pro 12 to our Development and Testing departments for review.  I will keep you posted.

As far as the PDF file, if you don't have Adobe Reader installed, then FileMaker Pro cannot translate the PDF file to display.  You would need to download it locally and then open and view it.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.