5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 10:26 AM by TSGal

Inspector Position Fields Eating Entries

Datagrace

Summary

Inspector Position Fields Eating Entries

Description of the issue

When I enter numbers into Inspector's position fields, they show up as strings on the selected text field on the layout, and are not entered into the Inspector fields. Only quitting the app returns it to normal. This has occurred a handful of times, with no discernible pattern to what causes it. I leave the file open on a number of client boxes, often for days at a time. OS 10.6.3 hosted from Windows Server 2003.

• 1. Re: Inspector Position Fields Eating Entries
          TSGal

Datagrace:

Thank you for your post.

Just to be 100% certain, do you have to quit FileMaker Pro 11  on the guest machine to return to normal?  Or, do you have to reboot Windows Server 2003?  Is FileMaker Server hosting the file?  If so, what version?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Inspector Position Fields Eating Entries
            drdavedmin

I just had this same problem, with a rectangle - it put the new text sizes in the rectangle!!

Closing Filemaker Pro Advanced - client - and reopening the application and the file, cured it - at least for now.

Acts like a bug

• 3. Re: Inspector Position Fields Eating Entries
              TSGal

drdavedmin:

Thank you for your post.

These type of problems are the most frustrating for both of us as they are not easily reproducible.  From both your post and the original poster (Datagrace), this seems to appear after some time, and since after rebooting takes care of the problem, it points to a possible memory issue.

In your case, since the text sizes now appear in the rectangle, do the text sizes appear the same distance apart as they do in the Inspector? (which then may point to a graphic display problem).  What OS are you running?  Any insight or additional information you can provide may help us narrow down this issue.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Inspector Position Fields Eating Entries
                drdavedmin

It does appear that it happens when the file has been open for an hour or more.

My setup:

File hosted on Filemaker Server Advanced 11 - at Point in Space

Local computer: Mac Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.4; processor: 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon; Memory: 6 GN 667 MHz DDR2 (lots of RAM!!) F8-DIMM; NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT with dual screen setup; LCD 2070NX, LCD2070WNX - both NEC displays

I believe I also remember a problem using the Info screen in v. 10, trying to resize one or more fields, in which case it would accept the new number but revert to the old setting the moment I exited the box or pressed tab etc.

Dave

• 5. Re: Inspector Position Fields Eating Entries
                  TSGal

drdavedmin:

Thank you for the additional information.  I have forwarded all information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) teams for further review.  I will keep you posted as information becomes available to me.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.