4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2008 11:24 AM by TSGal

Instant Web Pubishing - Portals fail to display calculation fields from other table instances

williamcb

Summary

Instant Web Pubishing - Portals fail to display calculation fields from other table instances

Description of the issue

I have a portal displaying records from a related table (two hops away). The portal rows show. Fields from the related table show - except for some calculation fields. These are where the calculation is defined in the context of a table instance that is not the instance being displayed in the portal. So the portal is displaying records from the "Organisations 7" table instance but the calculation is defined in the context of "Organisations 2" instance. The fields display correctly in the portal in Filemaker itself. Note that the calculations themselves are quite complex and involve multiple relationships.

• 1. Re: Instant Web Pubishing - Portals fail to display calculation fields from other table instances
          williamcb

To add the information the moderator has requested for bug reports:

Filemaker Pro Advanced: 9.03

• 2. Re: Instant Web Pubishing - Portals fail to display calculation fields from other table instances
            TSGal

WilliamCB:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to duplicate the problem.  This is what I have done...

1. I created four tables: a, b, c, d.  Here is the schema:

a

Primary Key (Text)

Text (Text)

b

Primary Key (Text

Secondary Key (Text)

More Text (Text)

c

Secondary Key (Text)

Tertiary Key (Text)

Another Text Field (Text)

d

Tertiary Key (Text)

Fourth Text Field (Text)

I set relationships between a and b (Primary Key), b and c (Secondary Key), and c and d (Tertiary Key), and I set it to allow creation of records in all tables.

Back to table c, I created a calculation field (Calc) that equals:

c::Another Text Field & " " & d::Fourth Text Field

I went to Layout a and created three portals:

1. Portal into b showing Secondary Key and More Text fields.

2. Portal into c showing Tertiary Key and Another Text Field.

3. Portal into d showing Fourth Text field and Calc.

I enter 1 into all keys and filled out the fields.  Everything displays fine.  I added records for 2 in all keys and 3 in all key fields.  Adding more records using the same keys displays information in all fields properly.

I then turned on Instant Web Publishing, went to another machine and viewed the data.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.5 on the host machine and the browser machine.  I tried this only on Safari.

Let me know what I'm missing, and I'll set it up the database so I can duplicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Instant Web Pubishing - Portals fail to display calculation fields from other table instances
              williamcb

TSGal:

Thank-you for your reply. You've done quite a bit of work! However, I think you have missed my point. What table do you have two instances of in the relationship diagram, eg "a" and "a 2"?

• 4. Re: Instant Web Pubishing - Portals fail to display calculation fields from other table instances
                TSGal

WilliamCB:

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't have two instances of the same table in the relationship diagram.  I'm using four separate tables.  I understood the Organisations 2 and Organisations 7 to be two entirely separate tables.  If you are doing self-relationships, then that is a different story.  Can you tell me exactly what fields from what tables are being referenced, and I'll try to set it up like your database.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.