Instant Web Publishing problems

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v1

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.8.1

Description of the issue

I have several issues when doing instant web publishing.
      1. I have set up a Guest Account and password, but when logging in from another computer I click on Guest Account radio button and it will log in without the credentials.  I won't even take the credentials.  What am I doing wrong?
      2. When I click the other radio button (Account Name and Password) it allows me to log in, but it won't allow me to edit some fields.  Specifically the fields are masking fields that I have created for phone number formatting.  Any help there?
      3. How can I make sure to be able to remotely access the site at any time.  It appears that when the host computer goes to sleep you won't be able to access.

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing problems
          philmodjunk

1) that's what is supposed to take place. Choosing "guest" logs in the user as a limited access "guest" without any effort to identify the specific user.

2) you'll need to explain how your "masking" fields are designed since such a feature is not a built in feature of FileMaker. If they use script triggers, script triggers cannot be tripped via user interaction with the browser like you can from a FileMaker client.

3) What are you using to host your database? FileMaker Pro or Server Advanced? I suspect you'll need to change system settings on your host so that it never sleeps.