CarrieGraeff

Summary

Instant Web Sharing broken

Version

12.0v4

Operating system version

Mac

Description of the issue

I installed the 12.0v4 update today without properly following the installation instructions. Now Instant Web Publishing doesn't work - could this have been caused by the update?

Actual result

When attempting to view the database on web browsers on other computers (tried 3 different computers) the request times out.

Configuration information

Things I've tried:

1.) Restarting the computer
      2.) Turning off Instant Web Publishing, restarting Filemaker, then turning Instant Web Publishing back on.

• 1. Re: Instant Web Sharing broken

Carrie Graeff:

Thank you for the post.

After installing the FileMaker Pro 12.0v4 update, I am still able to use Instant Web Publishing without issue. The following FileMaker Knowledge base article 9771 may be of assistance in narrowing this down:

Troubleshooting FileMaker Web Sharing in FileMaker Pro

If all the troubleshooting in the article was already completed, then please post back with the results. 

A couple clarifying questions:

1. Can the host machine (FileMaker Pro host) access the Instant Web Publishing start page at http://localhost/?

2. Has anything else in the host's environment changed besides the update to FileMaker Pro 12.0v4?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Instant Web Sharing broken
            CarrieGraeff

Hi Falcon,

Thanks for your message. I am able to access the IWP page from the local host. Here are some updates that I applied to the computer on the same day (Mac OS X 10.8.3):

AirPort Utility 6.2

iTunes 11.0.2

OS X Update 10.8.3

• 3. Re: Instant Web Sharing broken
              Fred(CH)

Hi Carrie,

I suppose you verifyed if your host's IP adress changed... and the entire url used from clients' web browser...

But anyways, could you please paste on your future post the exact URL used ?

Just to see, because there are many possibilities...

Thanks, Fred

• 4. Re: Instant Web Sharing broken
                CarrieGraeff

Hey Folks,

Thanks for your help narrowing down the possibilities as to what went wrong. I kept poking around the settings to see what could have changed and saw that the Mac OS X update triggered one of Filemaker's services to get blocked by the software firewall. I've unblocked it and all is working again.

Thanks!