Thank you for the post.
I am unable to replicate. To attempt to replicate, I performed the following steps:
1. Created a new file called "OpenStore.fmp12" and enabled the WebDirect privilege.
2. Created a container field and set to Open Storage.
3. Changed the field to Interactive Content.
4. Inserted a PDF.
5. Confirmed the PDF is readable in the container field.
6. Used FileMaker Pro 13 to upload "OpenStore.fmp12" to FileMaker Server 13.0v5.
7. Viewed the file in WebDirect and confirmed the PDF displays as Interactive.
8. Logged into the Admin Console > Database Server > Security (tab) > Checked "Require secure connections" AND "Enable progressive downloading" > Clicked "Save"
9. Restarted the computer
10. Viewed the database file in WebDirect
Actual Result: PDF displays as Interactive in the browser.
Am I missing a step to replicate? Is a third party SSL certificate installed? If so, is the certificate one of the tested ones in the knowledge base article below?
TSFalcon, I have done more testing with all supported browsers on Mac and Windows and have found the following:
Chrome 41.0.2272.101 m - interactive containers work
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17351 - interactive containers work
Chrome 41.0.2272.104 - does NOT work
Safari 8.0.3 - interactive containers work
So the problem is with Chrome on Mac. I have tested it on several different Macs and they all experience the problem. All the Macs are running Yosemite.
Thank you for the reply.
“So the problem is with Chrome on Mac.”
A Chrome security setting is causing this behavior. I replicated the issue with Chrome 41. Afterwards, I clicked the little shield icon in the right of the URL field > Clicked “Load unsafe scripts” and then the PDF loaded in the interactive container field. (See screenshot below.)