Interactive Containers do not work in Web Direct with SSL turned on

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

13v5

Operating system version

Server 2012 Standard (not R2)

Description of the issue

Database with PDFs stored in Containers using Open Storage.
      With SSL turned OFF the interactive containers display the PDFs as expected.
      If SSL is turned ON the PDFs will not display. It will display a file icon.
      I have tried turning Progressive Downloading on and off, and have restarted the entire server after making each change.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a database with interactive containers and host on FMS 13v5. Enable Web Direct and SSL.
      Store PDFs by using open storage.
      Open file using a web browser.

Expected result

PDFs should display interactively

Actual result

PDFs display as a file icon

Workaround

none

• 1. Re: Interactive Containers do not work in Web Direct with SSL turned on

Nick Meecham: 

Thank you for the post.

I am unable to replicate. To attempt to replicate, I performed the following steps:

1. Created a new file called "OpenStore.fmp12" and enabled the WebDirect privilege.

2. Created a container field and set to Open Storage.

3. Changed the field to Interactive Content.

4. Inserted a PDF.

5. Confirmed the PDF is readable in the container field. 

6. Used FileMaker Pro 13 to upload "OpenStore.fmp12" to FileMaker Server 13.0v5.

7. Viewed the file in WebDirect and confirmed the PDF displays as Interactive.

8. Logged into the Admin Console > Database Server > Security (tab) > Checked "Require secure connections" AND "Enable progressive downloading" > Clicked "Save"

9. Restarted the computer

10. Viewed the database file in WebDirect

Actual Result: PDF displays as Interactive in the browser. 

Am I missing a step to replicate? Is a third party SSL certificate installed? If so, is the certificate one of the tested ones in the knowledge base article below?

List of supported SSL certificate types and vendors for FileMaker platform

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Interactive Containers do not work in Web Direct with SSL turned on
            oesupport

TSFalcon, I have done more testing with all supported browsers on Mac and Windows and have found the following:

Windows:
            Chrome 41.0.2272.101 m  -  interactive containers work
            Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17351  - 
            interactive containers work

Mac:
            Chrome 41.0.2272.104 - does NOT work
            Safari 8.0.3  - 
            interactive containers work

So the problem is with Chrome on Mac. I have tested it on several different Macs and they all experience the problem. All the Macs are running Yosemite.

• 3. Re: Interactive Containers do not work in Web Direct with SSL turned on

Nick Meecham:

Thank you for the reply.

“So the problem is with Chrome on Mac.”

A Chrome security setting is causing this behavior. I replicated the issue with Chrome 41. Afterwards, I clicked the little shield icon in the right of the URL field > Clicked “Load unsafe scripts” and then the PDF loaded in the interactive container field. (See screenshot below.)

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.