Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v3

Operating system version

Windows 7 Professional

Description of the issue

After every second or third print, we get the following message:

Printing can not continue because this printer is not connected to a port. Use the Control Panel to set up a port.

We cannot print any longer until we close and reopen FileMaker. We have confirmed that the printer is using the LPT2 port.

We have confirmed that we get the message printing both via script and via File > Print.

We have confirmed that we get the message using alternate printers on the network.

We have confirmed that when we get the message, printing is only impacted from FileMaker. We can continue to print from other applications.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Print
      2. Print
      3. Attempt to print - Error!

Expected result

1. Print
      2. Print
      3. Print

Actual result

1. Print
      2. Print
      3. Attempt to print - Error!

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Printing can not continue because this printer is not connected to a port. Use the Control Panel to set up a port.

Workaround

Close FileMaker and reopen.

• 1. Re: Intermittent Printing Error
          rsq

I am having the same issue . I tried all sort of things . nothing seems to work. I am seriously considring other non filemaker soultions . 

• 2. Re: Intermittent Printing Error
            philmodjunk

I suggest that you start a new issue report. This thread is old enough that comments posted to it will not make it appear in recent items and thus it is unlikely to be noticed by tech support personnel.

I also recommend a much more detailed description of what you have tried than "I tried all sort of things" as otherwise, the TS personnel have to take you through a whole long list of things to try that you may have already tried.