2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2009 12:11 PM by pat_pai

IServer permission problems

pat_pai

Summary

IServer permission problems

Description of the issue

Good morning, i've got 2 servers FMP 9 that are setup the same. And what i do on each of them is create a drive letter for the data. The server as a checkbox for "Use additional database folder" and it points to the drive letter. My problem is that i've put a share on that drive letter for myself and the dev(s) to load data, remove, etc. So when i try to access that folder on my server, i can see what is in it, but can not do anything else. Is this because FMP server puts some sort of lock on that folder? It almost feels like that folder as already someone in it and doesnt allow anyone else to do anything with it. I've also got other folders with shares on them and i can access them just fine and it allows me to do what i need to do, but that perticalr one, seams to be locked down. Thank you and i hope i make sence. 

• 1. Re: IServer permission problems
          TSGal

patpai:

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you are making sense, but I cannot duplicate the problem.

I have FileMaker Server 9 running on several servers, and I can access the servers that I have full read/write privileges and copy files to any of the directories.  FileMaker Server does not put a lock on any folder.  Therefore, you may want to check account privileges for that folder.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: IServer permission problems
            pat_pai

You're right, permission problem, i was in 2 different groups and i didnt know that, one of then had less permissions. Thank you again.