Issue with Filemaker 13 after the recent Windows update

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Filemaker Pro 2013, Filemaker Server 13

Operating system version

Windows 7 Professional, Windows Server 2008 R2

Description of the issue

Having issues since the recent Windows update.

After last week's Windows update, I had trouble with some of my scripts.  After a restart, most of them were working with the exception of one script that emails our sales stats once a day.  The sales stats are listed in the subject line of the email, but for some reason, now it will not allow any symbols in the subject line (ie.. "$", "%"). The symbols work fine in the description.  It has been working fine for the last year the script has been running until this last update.

Also, today after the Window's update, I am getting the following error message on our Filemaker Server:
        2014-06-12 07:26:39.011 -0400     Error     24     TAI     Registration with directory service failed. (Unavailable [52]) 
      I restarted the computer and Filemaker Server and still received the same message.  My databases all seem to be working so far despite the error message. Not sure if this will be an issue or not.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

2014-06-12 07:26:39.011 -0400     Error     24     TAI     Registration with directory service failed. (Unavailable [52])

• 1. Re: Issue with Filemaker 13 after the recent Windows update

Caren Sealover:

Thank you for the post.

Could you post a screenshot of the script? Perhaps, a few examples of subject lines that are failing? Is the script sending via a mail client or using SMTP server settings?

The "$" in FileMaker Pro 13 is used for script variables, so the symbol would need to be included between " " otherwise the program will be looking to populate a variable. The "%" is usually reserved by many programs to indicate a space such as in a URL.

After reviewing the script, I can provide more information or a possible workaround.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.