Summary

Issue with line spacing in Checkbox sets

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

IOS 5.1

Description of the issue

I use a 1.5 factor for line height for checkbox sets in my Ipad layouts for ease of use (fat finger issue).  When I upgraded to 12 Pro and 12 Go, the checkbox sets are no longer readable in Filemaker Go on the Ipad - the boxes default to a 1x spacing and the text drops down and is cut off on each line.  When I change the layouts back to a line spacing height of 1 the appearance is good but it doesn't solve the original problem.  The layouts appear fine in Filemaker Pro. Any help out there?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create any layout and put in a checkbox set of values.  Set the properties of the checkbox set to have a Paragraph line spacing height of 1.5. Save layout - open in Ipad using Filemaker Go 12.

Expected result

1 1/2 line spacing display - this worked fine with 11 pro and go.

Actual result

1 line display of boxes with text cut off at each line.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

-

Workaround

Change line spacing to 1.

ipad_filemaker_problem.PNG

• 1. Re: Issue with line spacing in Checkbox sets
          TSGal

Neal Kitt:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the issue.  With further testing, I discovered that if you set the line spacing to 2, the checkbox values disappear.  This also occurs when the control style is set to Radio button set.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  As more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Issue with line spacing in Checkbox sets
            AmyS

Im having the same problem with my checkboxes. What is the fix?

• 3. Re: Issue with line spacing in Checkbox sets
              TSGal

AmyS:

The original poster reported this issue in 2012, and it was fixed in a later release of FileMaker Go 12.  If you are using FileMaker Go 13, then I'll need more information.  Specifically, what is the line spacing set to?  Also, what font is being used for the Checkbox field in FileMaker Pro?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.