To tell the Filemaker version on a given computer: Launch FileMaker, pull down the Help menu and select the "About..." option.
Thank you for the post.
Some questions to assist us with narrowing this down:
1. Did this work previously?
2. What is the exact version of FileMaker Pro? (see PhilModJunk’s comment for instructions)
3. What is the exact error message or could you post a screenshot of the error?
4. Is Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader installed?
5. Does this happen in Safe Boot?
To test Safe Boot:
1. Restart the computer and hold down the Shift key while booting up.
2. Open the database and Print to PDF.