FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v2

Operating system version

Windows7

Description of the issue

I have the following objects on a layout:
      - a portal containing one text field
      - this text field is formated to act as a button (Format : Button setup) to call a script that sets two global variables then calls 'Refresh Window' [flush cached results, flush cached external data]
      i.e. i need onclick action to call a script
      When I publish this to IWP, clicking on the text field correctly sets the global variables, however, it activates Submit/Cancel/Revert buttons in the top frame in the IWP page. The user has to 'Cancel' to be able to navigate to other records.
      The reason I am setting global variables is because I need to have other portal fields that are going to filter on these global variables.

Steps to reproduce the problem

- Create a layout
      - add a portal object containing one text field
      - this text field is formatted to act as a button (Format : Button setup) to call a script that sets two global variables then calls 'Refresh Window' [flush cached results, flush cached external data]

Expected result

Clicking on the text field  sets the global variables but does not activate the Submit/Cancel/Revert buttons in the top frame in the IWP page.

Actual result

When I publish this to IWP, clicking on the text field correctly sets the global variables, however, it activates Submit/Cancel/Revert buttons in the top frame in the IWP page. The user has to 'Cancel' to be able to navigate to other records.