3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2009 9:01 AM by TSGal

IWP -- Bugs in IWP on FireFox and Safari Browsers

rensys99

Summary

IWP -- Bugs in IWP on FireFox and Safari Browsers

Description of the issue

It appears that FireFox and Safari do not support using buttons that perform scripts within a portal.  Does anyone know a work-around for this?  These script button work OKay if not within a portal on a layout. Windows XP under FireFox (latest ver) and Safari 3.2.2  FileMaker Pro 9.0, FileMaker Server 9.0v3.325 Rensys99

• 1. Re: IWP -- Bugs in IWP on FireFox and Safari Browsers
          TSGal

rensys99:

Thank you for your post.

I have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP with Safari (3.1.2), FireFox (3.0.7) and Internet Explorer (7.0.5730.13).

I set up a database file on my Mac (OS X 10.5.6) with two related tables (ID field).  I created a script that uses the Set Field command to take data from the portal and puts it into a text field in the current table.  In the portal, I included a button for each row of the portal, and the button calls this script.

This button works for all three browser applications.

Can you be a little more descriptive of your script and what it accomplishes?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: IWP -- Bugs in IWP on FireFox and Safari Browsers
            rensys99

TSGal -- Thanks for your reply....

There is an opening screen dashboard with an embedded portal... containing rows for each project.  Clicking on a button on each row invokes a script which zooms to a new Layout with detailed info about that row or a Found Set of record representing details within that project.   We are finding that on Safari and FireFox the button functions are disabled.  However, tt works fine in IE (all versions). 

Because this is a 'live' customer site, I can't post specifics but if you reply with your email I will send you a link and demo log-in username.  Please send me a private message.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: IWP -- Bugs in IWP on FireFox and Safari Browsers
              TSGal

rensys99:

I have sent you a private message.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.