Summary

IWP Deployment Error

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

MAC OSX Server 10.5.8

Description of the issue

The IWP run stongly, without problems. Then, all of the sudden it stopped working, though no updates were installed on the server and the server was not touched.

I re-installed FileMaker Server Advanced 10 after having it uninstalled before. The Database Server works fine again, no issue, but the WebPublishing can still not be deployed.

When I want to connect to the locally installed apache, I get the error:
      Unconfiguring web server...
      Return Code = -21

When I retry with the local IP, I get the error:
      Web Server Test failed. Return code = -1

Can anybody help with this? What's behind? I could not find any information on the Error Codes nor do I have a clue what might be behind.

Any help much appreciated - thanks!

Steps to reproduce the problem

see description of the issue

Expected result

Web server runs and IWP is working

Actual result

Web server can now (miraculously) be started and it is active, however, the IWP still shows the error page of the apache server. The apache server IS running properly, so there's no issue with this.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Unconfiguring web server...
      Return Code = -21

When I retry with the local IP, I get the error:
      Web Server Test failed. Return code = -1

The strange thing about this was, that when I re-Installed and deployed the server, it gave me the following error:

Deployment / Configuration Error -150
      Starting the WPE (wpe1) component failed. Error Code = 2504

Configuration information

none

Workaround

none

• 1. Re: IWP Deployment Error

Martin Brunner:

Thank you for the post.

Uninstalling and reinstalling was a great first step. If the issue persists, you could try the steps outlined in this post:

Help with PHP and Apache problem on FileMaker Server Advanced 12 new installation

Please let me know if that resolves the issue, otherwise we can discuss further troubleshooting steps.

TSFalcon
               FileMaker, Inc.
          • 2. Re: IWP Deployment Error
            MartinBrunner

Hi TSFalcon

Thanks for your quick reaction and reply. 

The problem persited, despite the un- and re-installation. Also the suggestion with the other post regarding Apache did not solve it. 

In the server deployment, Apache can be seen, so that's not the issue, but when I look at the log files of Apache after attempting to test the server, the log entry looks like this:

[Thu Nov 05 14:50:11 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /Library/WebServer/documents/fmi-test

[Thu Nov 05 14:50:11 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /Library/WebServer/documents/fmi

This indicates to me, that FileMaker has not installed some documents it would need in the WebServer.

Is that right? Any suggestion how I can get these files or install them manually?

Thanks for your support!

Martin Brunner

• 3. Re: IWP Deployment Error

Martin Brunner:

Thank you for the prompt reply.

When you uninstalled FileMaker Server 10 did you trash the entire FileMaker Server folder located in the root library?

A good next step would be to try and repair disk permissions:

Repair Permissions

1.                                    Launch Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilities/.
              3.                                    Select the ‘First Aid’ tab.
              5.                                    In the left-hand pane, select the Macintosh HD (or whatever your Mac OS X boot disk is called).
              7.                                    Click the ‘Repair Disk Permissions’ button.

More information about repairing disk permission can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2963

After repairing permissions, restart the computer, edit server deployment and redeploy. If you are still getting the error afterwards, please let me know and we can discuss next steps. 

TSFalcon
                   FileMaker, Inc.