IWP Exit Application script fails to get rid of Status Bar

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

FM Server Advanced 11.0.4

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.8

Description of the issue

When using the Exit Application script to "log out" of a IWP-hosted database in lieu of using the "log out" button in the status bar, the status bar frame remains in the browser.  (If the status bar is minimized, the single gray bar also remains in the browser.)  This occurs with both Safari and Firefox.

I am using this script step as suggested by the FM Pro Help, RE: "Exit Application" script step: "Description: If this script step is associated with a button and if the file is accessed through the web, performing the script will log out the current web session."

However, the script step and the log-out button clearly do not operate in the same way.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Just use an Exit Application step (e.g., as the only step in a script) in apparently any database that is hosted via IWP.

Expected result

After log-out, the status bar should disappear.

Actual result

After using the Exit Application as a script in lieu of clicking the log-out button, the statsu bar remains behind in the browser window, even though the database has closed.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message.

Configuration information

As well as FMS 11.0.4, the same issue occurred in earlier versions.  This is not a new issue, and there seem to be similar issue postings with respect to earlier versions.

Workaround

No apparent workarounds.  But I would certainly like to know of any.

• 1. Re: IWP Exit Application script fails to get rid of Status Bar
          TSGal

David Fitch:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

I am unable to reproduce the problem with FileMaker Server 11.0v4 and FileMaker Pro 11.0v4 hosting files via Instant Web Publishing.  When I click a button that executes the step "Exit Application", I am returned to the Instant Web Publishing home page that lists the available Instant Web Publishing files.

Have you tried this with a new database file?  If a new file works, then we can focus on the original file itself.

Any other steps you can provide to help replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: IWP Exit Application script fails to get rid of Status Bar
            DavidBailin

This is happening to me as well. Exit application + open url do not remove the grey status bar. In fact the open url does not work. I have the javascript in the header of the iwp_home (if (window != window.top) top.location = "http://www.bailinstudio.com/search/“;) to bring me back to my website. Doesn't do that either. I've check permissions and set up another database without any luck. Suggestions?

I am using Mac OS10.9. I did not update to FMP 12 or the newest versions because IWP functionality has been removed.