Summary

IWP issue - contents of field in portal are doubled;

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008

Description of the issue

The database has an events table with related contact table - people can be attached to an event.  Over IWP only (does not happen in client) with any browser (IE, Safari, Firefox), a layout based on the event table is loaded.  On that table is a portal with the contacts.  The portal does not allow direct addition of related records  - that is done by script.  However, the users are allowed to edit the information in two of the displayed field:

1.  The person's Title
2.  The person's organization name - a related field from the Org table. 

If a user clicks in either field, then clicks the button to run the Add a Person script, the contents of both editable fields, (Title and Organization name) are doubled, with a return character inserted between the doublings.  For example, if a person's title is Technician, it becomes:

Technician
Technician

The next time it happens, there would be four lines, then eight, etc.

In some instances, there were hundreds, if not thousands, of iterations. 

I rewrote the Add a Person script - the behavior is the same.  I tried committing records prior to doing anything else in the script, but it did not change the behavior.  I tried it on a different server, same behavior.  The only way I could fix it was to remove Browse access to the fields in the portal (and build a new layout to allow modifying that info(.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Make a portal on a layout with editable fields.

Expected result

Modifiable fields.

Actual result

Fields with duplicated data

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Configuration information

Any current or close to current web browser
Windows server 2008

Workaround

Remove browse access from portal fields.

Outcomes