Summary

IWP log user out when user try to find on a calculated field

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows XP

Description of the issue

I have a calculated field that summarized another calculated field on a related table.

When the user try to find a result example ">0" , IWP process for a while then log out the user, but this works perfectly fine on the client version.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Here are the details:

Table_ProdDetails
      IsAFruit , Calculation, unstored, = If(Prod_Type = "Apple" or Prod_Type = "Orange",1,0)

Table_ProdSummary
      Sum_IsAFruit, Calculation, unstored, = sum(Table_ProdDetails::IsAFruit)

When i do a find ">0" on the field Sum_IsAFruit in IWP, it log me out after processing for a while.

• 1. Re: IWP log user out when user try to find on a calculated field
          philmodjunk

Why is the IsAFruit field an unstored calculation? Making it a stored calculation will speed up the find.

• 2. Re: IWP log user out when user try to find on a calculated field
            user15307

Harry Ng,

Thank you for posting.

I have not been able to recreate the issue you are describing.  Since you have been able to get this search to work when the file is opened locally, it's not clear what is hanging or disconnecting your client for Instant Web Publishing.

Here's what I did:

Created two related tables (related by ProdID):

1 Table ProdSummary

2 Fields:ProdID, Sum_IsAFruit  

1Table ProdDetails

3 Fields:ProdID, Prod_Type, IsAFruit

I setup Instant Web Publishing on the file, and from Internet Explorer, opened the file and tried to do the same find.  There was not a problem getting the found set, and the file remained open in  IWP until I logged off.

Have you been able test your connection to any other files shared with Instant Web Publishing from this same client? If not, please try creating a simple file and connect to it from the same client, so that we can rule out anything in the PC's configuration that is interfering with IWP.

Please keep me posted.

TSTuatara

FileMaker, Inc.