Summary

IWP re-login script step slow

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows Server 2003

Description of the issue

Some customers said that they kept accidentally editing records when they meant to search and asked for an "edit mode". To achieve this I created a [READ-ONLY] account that all users are logged into by default. When they want to enter "edit mode" I have used the re-login script step that logs them back into their proper account, giving them the privileges to edit. This works fine when connecting with FileMaker itself, however it is behaving peculiarly when accessed using IWP.

Obviously I have used the re-login script step without dialog for IWP, the user inputs their details into a couple of text fields which are later cleared by the script.

The first time the user enters edit mode, it is very slow - taking almost a minute to complete the script. However when I run the script again it loads in a few seconds.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Use the re-login script step in IWP.

Expected result

The script should consistently take 5-10 seconds

Actual result

The first time you use the script in a new session the script takes about 1 minute to compete

Screen_shot_2011-02-07_at_11.52.59.png

• 1. Re: IWP re-login script step slow
          james.gould

Whilst looking through another Filemaker Server 11 Web Server crashing, for what may or may not be an unrelated problem, it was suggested that script steps involving custom functions can cause problems with IWP. The final script step in my script (see image above) is SeedCode's Back Magic which is a fantastic, plug-in free, back/forward navigation system that can be added to solutions. However it does use custom functions to calculate where to go back - disabling this step made the script work perfectly every time.

I have just checked the "back" button and that is also very slow, so I will be disabling that for IWP users.