1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2008 11:53 AM by rmanook

IWP Record in Use error with tabs and global fields

syndeotech

Summary

IWP Record in Use error with tabs and global fields

Description of the issue

Filemaker Server Advanced 9.0.3 on Windows 2003 ServerI have a layout MyLayout with two tab controls: TAB1, TAB2I have global fields defined in a table: gField1, gField2gField1 is on TAB1gField2 is on TAB2User1 connects to the database through a web browser and navigates to MyLayoutUser1 navigates to TAB2 and goes into Edit modeUser2 connects to the database through a web browser and navigates to MyLayoutUser2 navigates to TAB2 and and tries to go into Edit mode, but gets an error message:"Record in use: Your attempt to edit the record failed because another user is currently using the record" This error does NOT occur when:1. Using the FMP Client2. There are no tabs and both users navigate to the same global field and go into Edit mode. This seems to be an inconsistency in the way global fields are handled. Peter 

• 1. Re: IWP Record in Use error with tabs and global fields
          rmanook

Hi petererik,

Thanks for posting!

I was able to duplicate the global field inconsistency, although I discovered through testing that tab controls are not specific to this issue.  I simply created a test database with one global field and experienced the same behavior i.e. the second user would get the record lock in IWP but not via FileMaker Network Sharing.

I have forwarded a notice to our Development and Testing department about this issue.

Thanks for your help,

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc.