1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 10:03 AM by TSGal

IWP Server

tranhdan

Summary

IWP Server

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 9.0v3, FileMaker Server 9.0v3.325 Operating System(s) involved:Any OS (Windows, Mac) Detailed description of the issue:I have 80000+ records that are called upon contained in a Table that works fine in the Client.  When the I publish the File so that outside computers can access the form through IWP the form itself locks up with no error message. We are already using 9.0.3.325 or (9.0v3) and by the way the hole server doesn’t Crash, It’s just the Instant Web Portion that stops working.. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a database2.  Verify in File > Manage > Accounts and Privileges > Edit Privilege Set, that the proper Privilege Sets have access to FileMaker Network (fmapp)3.  Upload the database to FileMaker Server4.  Launch FileMaker Pro on a client machine5.  Go to File > Open Remote and click on the Server IP address Expected Result:The hosted databases will appear in the Open Remote window Actual Result:No databases appear in the Open Remote window Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A

• 1. Re: IWP Server
          TSGal

tranhdan:

Thank you for your post.

Open the file, pull down the File menu and select "Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing".  Turn on Instant Web Publishing (which I assume is already on).  In the bottom left corner is a listing of currently open FileMaker Pro files.  Click on the file that you want to share via Instant Web Publishing, and on the right side, make sure the access is set to All Users.  Click OK, and now the external users should be able to see the file under Instant Web Publishing.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.