Thanks for posting.
Please allow me to gather a little more information to narrow down the issue.
1. Is FileMaker Server 10 installed on Win XP or just the clients?
2. Does the issue happen with all Instant Web Publishing hosted databases? If a new test database is created with just an exit application button, does the issue persist?
3. Does this happen from multiple client machines?
4. If a copy of FileMaker Pro 10 or 11 hosts the file instead of server, will the issue persist? If Pro is hosting from a machine other than the one Server is installed on will the issue persist?
5. If IE is updated to IE 8 are multiple status bars still redrawn?
6. Have you been able to test with FileMaker Server 11?
I'm using FMSA11 on Snow Leopard Server and having the same problem with the scripted button "Exit Application" script not working.
I have tried it as the button directly coded to that script and also created a script and set privileges to run as admin.
Now the WPE is crashing. Argh... Why do upgrades always feel like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back?
Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the problem here with Snow Leopard Server. Please post the entire script so I can try to replicate your scenario.
I too have the same problem. With FM Pro 11, running on Mac 10.6.8. And FM Server Advance, running on same Mac OS. Just insert "Exit Application" as the script. Although this exits the database, the Status Bar remains.
On the other hand, if you use the Log Out button on the status bar, there is no problem with a lingering status bar. So it seems that the Exit Application script step is not working in the same way as the Log Out button.
For applications WITHOUT the status bar showing, this is a problem.
I just thought of something when I saw the last line of your post regarding the status bar pop up in my email...
I haven't tried this yet, but try adding a script step before the "Exit Application" to Open the Status bar. Perhaps the status bar being closed or locked is somehow preventing the exit command from running properly?
Just a thought. I'll test it myself when I get some time.
Good luck and best wishes.