5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2011 9:12 AM by WilliamBombardier1927

IWP Status Bar doesn't close on Scripted Exit Application

JFSoftware

Summary

IWP Status Bar doesn't close on Scripted Exit Application

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Server 10Operating System(s) involved:Windows XP ProfessionalFirefox 3.6.6Internet Explorer 6.0Detailed description of the issue:I use an Exit script so FMPro users Close File and IWP users Exit Application. This is triggered by clicking on a normal button. When I click on the button with IWP, the status bar does not disappear. If I re-login, FileMaker draws a new Status Bar (so I have two on screen). Clicking the button again draws a third Status Bar. However, clicking on the Status Bar's Log Out button correctly removes all Status Bars.Exact steps to reproduce the issue:See above.Expected Result:Status Bar should disappear on scripted Exit Application. Actual Result:Status Bar does not disappear on scripted Exit Application.Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/AAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:N/AAny workarounds that you have found:None.

• 1. Re: IWP Status Bar doesn't close on Scripted Exit Application
          rmanook

JF Software:

Thanks for posting.

Please allow me to gather a little more information to narrow down the issue. 

1.  Is FileMaker Server 10 installed on Win XP or just the clients?

2.  Does the issue happen with all Instant Web Publishing hosted databases?  If a new test database is created with just an exit application button, does the issue persist?

3.  Does this happen from multiple client machines?

4.  If a copy of FileMaker Pro 10 or 11 hosts the file instead of server, will the issue persist?  If Pro is hosting from a machine other than the one Server is installed on will the issue persist?

5.  If IE is updated to IE 8 are multiple status bars still redrawn?

6.  Have you been able to test with FileMaker Server 11?

Thanks,

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: IWP Status Bar doesn't close on Scripted Exit Application
            wjbombo

Hello,

I'm using FMSA11 on Snow Leopard Server and having the same problem with the scripted button "Exit Application" script not working.

I have tried it as the button directly coded to that script and also created a script and set privileges to run as admin.

Neither works.

Now the WPE is crashing. Argh... Why do upgrades always feel like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back?

• 3. Re: IWP Status Bar doesn't close on Scripted Exit Application
              TSGal

William Bombardier:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem here with Snow Leopard Server.  Please post the entire script so I can try to replicate your scenario.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: IWP Status Bar doesn't close on Scripted Exit Application
                dhafitch

Dear FM,

I too have the same problem.  With FM Pro 11, running on Mac 10.6.8.  And FM Server Advance, running on same Mac OS.  Just insert "Exit Application" as the script.  Although this exits the database, the Status Bar remains.

On the other hand, if you use the Log Out button on the status bar, there is no problem with a lingering status bar.  So it seems that the Exit Application script step is not working in the same way as the Log Out button.

For applications WITHOUT the status bar showing, this is a problem.

Dave

• 5. Re: IWP Status Bar doesn't close on Scripted Exit Application
                  WilliamBombardier1927

Hi Dave,

I just thought of something when I saw the last line of your post regarding the status bar pop up in my email... 

I haven't tried this yet, but try adding a script step before the "Exit Application" to Open the Status bar.  Perhaps the status bar being closed or locked is somehow preventing the exit command from running properly?

Just a thought.  I'll test it myself when I get some time.

Good luck and best wishes.

~ Will