Knowledge Base answer 5041 is inexplicably missing

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

• 1. Re: Knowledge Base answer 5041 is inexplicably missing
          TSGal

Kevin Hicks:

Thank you for your post.

This article was archived more than three years ago as it involved moving data in FileMaker Pro 4 (and earlier) from separate fields into a repeating field.

Perhaps you are referencing a different article?  What are you trying to accomplish?

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Knowledge Base answer 5041 is inexplicably missing
            kevinhicks

Hi,

I am trying to move data from separate fields into a repeating field -  Exactly what this addressed.

I have two files using the email address to be the key field. File A has name, address, phone and email.  File B has utilization data but doesn't know the users email address. It can suggest the format of the users' email address so it gives three suggestions in three different fields. I need to relate the email in File A with the correct e-mail in File B (either field 1, 2 or 3). I was hoping to combine fields 1. 2 and 3 into repeating field that File A could match with File B.

Thoughts?

• 3. Re: Knowledge Base answer 5041 is inexplicably missing
              TSGal

Kevin Hicks:

You can either do this with a script, or three separate commands.  Since field repetitions can be referenced, your script may include:

Set Field [ <repeating field>[1} ; Field 1 ]
                   Set Field [ <repeating field>[2} ; Field 2 ]
                   Set Field [ <repeating field>[3] ; Field 3 ]

-----

You could also initiate three Replace field contents; one for each repetition, across the found set of records.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.