1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 1:17 PM by TSGal

Labeling

bclayton

Summary

Labeling

Description of the issue

FileMaker Pro 10Windows XP We label DVDs with Rimage Everest II and HP LazerJet 4050N for paper based labels.Problem comes up when we re-delegate back and forth between the Rimage and the HP.Going from the Rimage to the HP results in a partial print of the paper label !Going from the HP to the Rimage has been okay, but every so often we get Monochrome print of colored pix !Are there any known bugs (or bugs by third party) that can cause this?

• 1. Re: Labeling
          TSGal

bclayton:

Thank you for your post.

I have used the Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 4050N, and I did not encounter any previous problems.

I do not see any problems reported with a Rimage Everest II (or any Rimage) printer.

I would like to gather more information and have you try a few things.

First, when switching from Rimage to HP, but before printing, go to Preview Mode and see if the information appears properly.  If so, then go to Print.  If not, then launch Print Setup, select the Rimage, set the Paper Size, Orientation, etc.  If everything is already set up correctly, change from Portrait to Landscape and back to Portrait, and then click OK.  Now, return to Preview Mode.  Does it appear correctly?  If so, then Print.

Create a script called "Rimage Everest II" that includes "Print Setup" and select the Rimage Everest II printer with all the correct settings.  Create a script called "HP LaserJet 4050N", that includes "Print Setup" and select the HP printer with all the correct settings.  Try running each script separately, and between each script, go into Preview Mode.

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in determining the possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.