Labels in WebDirect won't center justify

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13 Advanced

Operating system version

Windows 7 Pro

Description of the issue

Labels on a layout in WebDirect can be left justified or right justified, but not centered.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Put a label on a layout, center the text, publish to WebDirect, label left justifies

Expected result

Centered label

Actual result

Left Justified label

Workaround

Use a button as a label and it works fine

• 1. Re: Labels in WebDirect won't center justify
          TSGal

Fred Erickson:

Thank you for your post.

There are some alignment issues in WebDirect, but I'm unable to replicate your issue.  This is what I did:

1. I created a label "This is a short sentence".  I sized the label wider to stretch across the layout.

2. I duplicated the label twice giving me three instances of the label.

3. The first label was left-aligned, the second label was center-aligned, and the third label was right-aligned.

4. I accessed the file via WebDirect using Chrome under Windows 7, and the three labels are left, center, and right aligned.

5. I accessed the file via WebDirect using Safari under Mac OS X 10.9, and the three labels are left, center, and right aligned.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Labels in WebDirect won't center justify
            fred@kca-inc.com

Thanks for the detailed response.  I just checked and it appears to be related to FireFox browser.  It seems to work in IE and Chrome, but won't align in FireFox.  Interesting.

Unfortunately, I have to use FireFox because it appears to be the only browser which will allow me to print the contents of the Web Viewer in a frame.  I generate a complex HTML report which displays in the Web Viewer in a frame.  Firefox allows me to print the frame contents.  IE doesn't even show the Web Viewer contents.  Chrome only prints a screen shot of the page, not the frame contents.

• 3. Re: Labels in WebDirect won't center justify
              TSGal

Fred Erickson:

Thank you for the additional information.

At this time, Firefox is not a supported browser with WebDirect.  With that said, I am able to replicate the issue under Firefox where all text objects are left-aligned.  Text objects will not right-align nor center-align.

For more information regarding supported browsers, see Chapter 4 (page 28) of the FileMaker 13 WebDirect Guide:

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fm13_webdirect_guide.pdf

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Labels in WebDirect won't center justify
                fred@kca-inc.com

Thanks for the additional feedback.  Unfortunately, like I mentioned, I have to use FireFox to be able to save/print HTML reports.  Are you aware of a better way to do a report that is up to 6 hierarchical levels deep with large variances in field content size?

Organization

Groups

Services

Goals

Objectives

Activities

• 5. Re: Labels in WebDirect won't center justify
                  TSGal

Fred Erickson:

If I use spaces in the text objects, I get indentation.  This works for both field names and text objects.  This also works with Firefox.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.