Thank you for your post.
I don't know what is causing the problem. I'm able to import large files without a problem.
Are you working on a Mac or Windows machine? What version of the OS? Did this problem also occur with FileMaker Pro Advanced 10v2? How many records are you trying to import? How many fields are you importing?
For testing purposes, can you export to a text file and then import from the text file? Once the file gets to 27 MB, are you able to import again, or do you receive an error?
Any other information you can provide that will help me dupulicate the problem would be appreciated.
Thank you for your reponse.
Using Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2. Problem occurred with 10v1, I updated directly to 10v3 with same result. It has to have something to do with running the script as I can import additional data into a recovered 27 MB file, (up to 36+MB). I've been saving off my processed database into file segments but noticed that a couple of segments show that it skipped (threw out?) a number of records just prior to crashing. I've an example were it did this 3 or 4 times before shutting down. I didn't notice this before so need to rework that segment.
Thank you for the additional information.
If you can import the (same?) data into another database file, it could be that either your original database file is corrupt, or the file on the disk is corrupted. That is, the OS is having trouble writing to an area on the disk. Assuming the latter, save a clone of the file, and try the import again to the clone file. I know importing a large data set each time is going to take time, but I'm trying to find a solution. If this works, then do not erase your old file (unless you need the disk space). I don't want future imports to try and overwrite an area on the hard disk that is suspect.
Please continue to keep me posted.
Not likely the cause, each time it crashes it corrupts two files, the primary large database file as well as a very small intermediary file (usually just a couple of records). After going through a recovery on both I've been tagging these as bad and pick up working from the recovered file.