Last Row Of Layout Viewed On WebDirect Obscured

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

13.0v2

Operating system version

2008 R2

Description of the issue

As per the attached screenshot, part of the last row has been obscured when viewing the layout in WebDirect. When it is viewed in FileMaker Pro it shows fine. I have also included copy of layout view.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Appears to happen on two other layouts.

Expected result

All information to display on row as per other rows.

Actual result

Only part of the row is visible.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

NA

Screen_Shot_2014-07-18_at_14.49.37.png

• 1. Re: Last Row Of Layout Viewed On WebDirect Obscured
          philmodjunk

Which web browser was used? Do you get the same result with each different web browser?

• 2. Re: Last Row Of Layout Viewed On WebDirect Obscured
            danmarks

Hi Phil, 

Happens in both Google Chrome and Safari, thats all I have tested so far.

Thanks,
                 Dan

• 3. Re: Last Row Of Layout Viewed On WebDirect Obscured
              TSGal

Dan Marks:

Thank you for your posts and screen shot.

I have not encountered this type of error with portals in WebDirect, and the only other similar report regarding portals in WebDirect is with popovers.  Therefore, I need some more information.

Which Theme are you using for the Layout?  Does this occur with all records or just a subset?  If you resize the window, does the data then appear?  If you switch to another layout and back again, does the data then appear?

I see FileMaker Server is running on Windows 2008 Server R2, and by your description of "Chrome and Safari", are the clients all on Macs?  Or, are some running under Windows?  Also, what version of the operating systems are the clients running?

Anything else about your computing environment you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Last Row Of Layout Viewed On WebDirect Obscured
                danmarks

Hi TSGal, 

It's a list view rather than portal. 

It uses the classic theme, and appears to effect the last record, no matter what record it is. If I resize the window so that it is smaller than the layout width, the data seems to appear (see attached). As soon as I make the window bigger it disappears again. It remains the same moving between layouts. 

It has been tested on Mac Client, OSX 10.9.2 and on the server (windows 2008) web browser. 

• 5. Re: Last Row Of Layout Viewed On WebDirect Obscured
                  TSGal

Dan Marks:

My apologies.  I did not notice the layout parts in the right screen.

Our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue.  The issue is when there is a Trailing Grand Summary using the Classic Theme, the last record is cut off in WebDirect.  When the browser window width is greater than the explicit layout width and no auto-sizing object on the layout.  If the layout contains an auto-sizing object, then this won't happen.

Therefore, I would suggest duplicating the layout, changing the Theme in the new layout, make adjustments based on the Theme, and once satisfied, replace the Classic Theme layout with the new theme layout.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Last Row Of Layout Viewed On WebDirect Obscured
                    danmarks

Hi TSGal,

Thanks, I copied all objects from the layout and deleted them. I then changed the theme and altered the part formatting, once this was done I pasted the objects back onto the layout. 

I can confirm that this fixed the issue.

Thanks,
                         Dan

• 7. Re: Last Row Of Layout Viewed On WebDirect Obscured
                      philmodjunk

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.