Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. Using FileMaker Pro 13.0v3 under Mac OS X 10.9.5, I created database file, "File.fmp12".
2. I created one Text field "TEXT".
3. In Layout Mode, I verified the Header, Body and Footer were all set for Transparent.
4. For the Header, I changed the Fill to Red, and the Body I changed the Fill to Blue.
5. In Layout Setup, I clicked the Views tab, entered a checkmark next to Table View, and left the default values for Properties.
6. I went into Browse Mode and saw the Header Red and Body Blue. I changed to Table View, and saw the Header Red and Body Blue.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
In step 4, do not assign a colour to the layout parts, instead assign green to the layout background (no part selected!). If the layout parts are transparent, they will all appear green in form and list view but not in table view.
Here is an example file: https://db.tt/ZdjOXs7x
Thank you for the clarification.
At this time, this is the designated behavior for Table View. In essence, a simple view of the data.
Although I have put in a request to have this documented, I also suggest you enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:
The entries into this web form populate a database that is hosted and monitored by Development and Product Management. All entries are read, discussed and considered for future release. I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, but there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.