Summary

Layout Background Style ignored in Table View

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS, WIndows

Description of the issue

Style attributes of the layout background are ignored in table view, those of the layout parts are not. Hard to believe that this in an intended behaviour.

Steps to reproduce the problem

- Set up a layout,
      - check "include header part" and "include footer part" in table view properties of layout setup
      - make all layout parts transparent
      - give the layout background some colour - all parts now show this colour
      - enter browse mode and switch to table view.

Expected result

Table background settings are treated the same way as layout part settings.

Actual result

Table background colour is completely ignored. even the background colour of a selected field uses a value which originates in the theme and cannot be controlled.

• 1. Re: Layout Background Style ignored in Table View
          TSGal

filemakergarage:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Using FileMaker Pro 13.0v3 under Mac OS X 10.9.5, I created database file, "File.fmp12".

2. I created one Text field "TEXT".

3. In Layout Mode, I verified the Header, Body and Footer were all set for Transparent.

4. For the Header, I changed the Fill to Red, and the Body I changed the Fill to Blue.

5. In Layout Setup, I clicked the Views tab, entered a checkmark next to Table View, and left the default values for Properties.

6. I went into Browse Mode and saw the Header Red and Body Blue.  I changed to Table View, and saw the Header Red and Body Blue.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Layout Background Style ignored in Table View
            nilsw

In step 4, do not assign a colour to the layout parts, instead assign green to the layout background (no part selected!). If the layout parts are transparent, they will all appear green in form and list view but not in table view.

Here is an example file: https://db.tt/ZdjOXs7x

• 3. Re: Layout Background Style ignored in Table View
              TSGal

filemakergarage:

Thank you for the clarification.

At this time, this is the designated behavior for Table View.  In essence, a simple view of the data.

Although I have put in a request to have this documented, I also suggest you enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database that is hosted and monitored by Development and Product Management.  All entries are read, discussed and considered for future release.  I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, but there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.