5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 11:20 AM by TSGal

layout bar bug when toggling Show/Hide Status in a Find script

dlreed

Summary

layout bar bug when toggling Show/Hide Status in a Find script

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product:FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v1 Operating System:Mac 10.4.11 (I have not tested this in Leopard or on any flavor of Windows) Detailed description of the issue:I'm getting an odd result from a controlled search script in my database that uses the show/hide status bar script step. The problem is that despite the database being in Browse mode at the end of the script, the layout bar section of the status toolbar continues to display the Find mode elements (Matching Records: Include Omit and the Insert: Operators menu).  Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1. Create a database.2. Script the following find: FindAllow User Abort [ Off ]Set Error Capture [ On ]Perform Script [ “Fix Window NoStatus” ]Enter Find Mode [  ]Pause/Resume Script [ Indefinitely ]Perform Find [  ]Perform Script [ “Fix Window” ]Set Error Capture [ Off ]Allow User Abort [ On ] Fix Window NoStatusShow/Hide Status Area[ Lock; Hide ]Scroll Window[ Home ]Adjust Window[ Resize to Fit ] Fix WindowShow/Hide Status Area[ Show ]Scroll Window[ Home ]Adjust Window[ Resize to Fit ] 3) Perform the find. Expected Result:Once the script completes, the database should be in Browse mode and the status bar should display no Find elements.Actual Result:The database is in Browse mode, but the layout portion of the status bar displays Find elements (Matching Records: Include Omit and the Insert: Operators menu). Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Workarounds:1) Adding a  script step to toggle the status bar back to show before performing the find, or2) manually toggling between Preview and Browse modes after the script completes. (This can also be scripted with a brief timed pause, but the behavior would be noticeable to the user.)