Layout Draw Error on Sub-Summary Report
FM12 v1 Advanced
Mac OSX 10.7.3
When viewing a sub-summary report (no body) in browse mode a grey area appears above the sub-summary data when viewing the report. This does not happen in preview. This behavior only happens if the sub-summary part is set to print below the non-existent body. This behavior disappears if the sub-summary is set to print above the body.
1. Create a report with sub-summary, header and footer.
2. Sort the data so that the sub-summary is visible in browse mode.
1. The report shows the sub-summary data summarized according to its setup rules.
1. Scroll to the top of the report, a large grey band appears with no data or labels in it.
1. No error message is generated.
1. This problem was discovered in a file converted from FM11 on a layout containing 4 sub-summaries, a header, footer and trailing grand summary.
2. Classic theme.
3. The problem appeared also in a new layout created in this file using FM 12 and just one sub-summary.
4. This problem was reproduced in a test file originated in FM12.
1. Set the sub-summaries to print above.
Thank you for your post.
This issue has been previously reported, and our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue. No other information is available at this time.
As you discovered, setting the Sub-Summary to print above makes the issue disappear.