AnsweredAssumed Answered

Layout name by calculation option in Go to Related Record not working properly

Question asked by johnnyb1 on Jan 26, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2009 by TSGal

Summary

Layout name by calculation option in Go to Related Record not working properly

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v1 Operating System(s) involved:Win XP sp3Detailed description of the issue:I'm trying to format a button in a portal layout to Go to Related Record, and switch to the appropriate layout name based on the data in a field. The Case function calculation only responds to the value in the first row of the portal. I've done this several times in previous versions, and I know the relationships, formatting, and calculation are correct. The function works properly when the same file is opened in FileMaker Pro version 9. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:In a Contacts table I have a portal to a related table called Activities. There are three types of Activities - Phone Calls, Meetings, and Errands. I create an Activity record in the portal by selecting the Activity type from a drop-down list. After other basic data is entered in fields in the portal row, I want to click on a button to take me to the more comprehensive layout that corresponds to the Activity type. The button is set up to Go to Related Record and select layout name by calculation (Case function).  Expected Result:If portal row 1 is a Phone Call, portal row 2 is a Meeting, and portal row 3 is an Errand, clicking on the button in any of the portal rows should take me to the corresponding layout. The button in portal row 1 should take me to the Phone Call layout, portal row 2 to the Meeting layout, etc. Actual Result:Clicking on the button in any of the portal rows takes me to the layout corresponding to the value in the first portal row. So if portal row 1 is a Phone Call, portal row 2 is a Meeting, and portal row 3 is an Errand, clicking on any portal row button takes me to the Phone Call layout. Changing the value in portal row 1 changes the layout it goes to in all portal rows. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:1.  I re-created the calculations, checked relationships, and rebuilt portals to make sure everything was correct. 2.  Not using the calculation and specifying a single layout works properly. Using the If function, it always goes to Result Two. 3.  I opened the same file in FileMaker Pro version 9 (not Advanced) and it worked correctly.  Any workarounds that you have found:None.

Outcomes