1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2012 12:03 PM by TSGal

Layout with just text field insertion point is misplaced.

fredochs

Summary

Layout with just text field insertion point is misplaced.

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

ios5

Description of the issue

I have a layout with a single text field that basically fills the iPad screen. When I tap on the field to edit it's contents the first time after a record has been browsed to (and when the layout is first opened as well), the insertion point is placed at the end of the field contents regardless of where I tap. In addition I can't get the layout to scroll vertically when it is at this point. If I try to scroll up, the layout moves up and then when I remove my finger, it bounces back down.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a layout with just a single large text field from some populated table. Create it so that it basically fills the iPad screen. Tap on the text in the field and the insertion point ends up at the end of the current contents of the text rather than where the text was tapped. It looks like it's necessary to have more than just a few words of text to reproduce it. I tried on one record with just 2 words and it placed the insertion point at the end of either word. However, with a few lines of text, it always goes to the end.

Expected result

The insertion point should be placed where I tap.

Workaround

Tap usually three time. (1) First tap which results in the insertion point at the end of the text. (2) If the desired insertion point is not on screen, tap above that point so that scrolling will start to work and (3) Scroll to where I really want the insertion. (4) Tap at the desired point.

Text_Field_Edit.PNG