2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2009 8:13 AM by BBB-Bert

Leopard

BBB-Bert

Summary

Leopard & FMPRO10 dialog boxes don't show text and dictionary doesn't work

Description of the issue

When Filemaker is giving me a dialog box (not one of my scripts) about 80% of the time there are no words!  Just a couple of buttons that should say "Cancel" and "OK"- it even happens with the first splash screen "Filemaker Quick Start". I have another user running FMPRo10 on my Mac.  Could this be causing these issues?Bert 

• 1. Re: Leopard & FMPRO10 dialog boxes don't show text and dictionary doesn't work
          TSGal

BBB-Bert:

Thank you for your post.

I'm not sure what you mean by "another user running FMPro10 on my Mac".  Do you mean the application?  Or, just a database file that is being shared?  Are the dialog boxes all happening within the same file or all files?

Create a new database file with one field and one record.  Pull down the Records menu and select "Delete Record..."  You should then receive a dialog box to permanently delete the entire record.  If this displays properly, then there may be something wrong with the original file.  If the dialog box is still missing words, then it appears your current working copy of FileMaker Pro is not fully installed.  Uninstall and reinstall.

If you continue to have difficulty, let me know if you are running Mac or Windows and the version of the operating system.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Leopard & FMPRO10 dialog boxes don't show text and dictionary doesn't work
            BBB-Bert

Thanks for your reply TSGal.  I solved the problem by purchasing FMPro Server.  The issue might be experienced by others- so I explain.  I had several user accounts on my Mac (each able to login with a password).  One of these users was always logged in- running FMPro DB's in shared mode- not Web share- but network share allowing others access to 12 databases.  

I would use this Mac (login in with my name and pass) leaving the "other user" running these databases.  This is not OK for FMpro 10!  It messes up the dialog boxes.

It is resolvwed by dedicating a computer to running FMpro databases - I also used FMproserver10 which is more solid.

Cheers-

BBB-Bert