1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 2:03 PM by TSGal

License bug with IWP

BarryH

Summary

License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced

Description of the issue

Client version FMP Adv 10.0v3Server version FMS Adv 10.0.2.206 I have a single license of FMP Advanced, which connects to FM Server Advanced. About once a week, I get an error saying that another user is using my license. The odd thing is that the user is always connecting via IWP using a web browser. So obviously, this user could not be using my license key in FireFox.  :smileywink: My only solution is to disconnect the user via the Admin Console, quickly re-launch FMPA & open a db before the user reconnects.  This is less than ideal for obvious reasons. FM Support staff, please assist with determining the cause of this bug? Thank you. The exact text of the message is below: "The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of FileMaker Pro. Please refer to the documentation for further instructions." "License Key conflict occurred with user someusername (servername) [IP Addrress]." "All files will be closed and the application will quit." In the Admin Console, the same user is reported to be using FireFox 3.5 for client version.

• 1. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
          TSGal

Barry H:

Thank you for your post.

A couple other users have encountered this problem, and we do not know the cause.  Development and Testing have asked for log files so they can review and try to determine the cause.  I have sent you a private message (top of this screen - right side - envelope icon just beneath the blue horizontal bar) with instructions where to send the log files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
            TSGal

Barry H:

I received an email.  Thank you.

Our mail server does have a file limit size of 10MB, so if the log files are larger than that, you'll need to place them on a server for me to download, or you can use a third party service to send large files.  One common service that customers tend to use is yousendit.com, but 1 out of 10 times it seems to fail.  Use the email address I sent via private message.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
              BarryH

OK thanks - will send tomorrow morning

• 4. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                TSGal

Barry H:

I have sent you another private message requesting additional information.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                  TSGal

Barry H:

I received your files.  Thank you.

When I receive information back from Development and/or Testing, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                    BarryH

OK - thanks again.

• 7. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                      JETalmage

I am also experiencing this same problem using Server Advanced 11, Pro Advanced 11, and a few remote IWP users. Using Pro Advanced, I receive the same message as already described, claiming that there is a license conflict with my copy of Pro Advanced; the other "user" reported as being one of the current IWP users.

Has there been any progress on this?

James

• 8. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                        barrybuzz

I have not heard anything back from FM yet. I imagine that they're still trying to find the source of the issue.

• 9. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                          TSGal

JETalmage:

Thank you for your post.

This problem is still being researched in our Testing department.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - envelope icon just beneath the blue horizontal bar) asking you for some additional information that I need to give to Testing to help them find the cause.

Barry H:

Sorry for the late reply.  We have not found the cause, and Testing is still working on the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                            acsauction

We are having the same problem here as well.  We're employing a single server multi-database solution (There are currently about 25-30 databases hosted on this server), and have a script that runs import scripts via 'perform script' on all our databases.  Lately when we've been running this script part way through the imports, the client running the script will license key violate with an IWP user.  It's been very frustrating, so any updates on the status of the solution would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Guys.   I would also like to note that occasionally we are license violating with users logged in via FMP clients that are using license key which are incongruent with the key on the client we're running the update from.

• 11. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                              TSGal

LVD Admin:

Thank you for your post.

I would like to get your log files (definitely the event log) at the time this occurred.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - envelope icon just beneath the blue horizontal bar) with instructions where to send the files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                                barrybuzz

I have encountered this bug again. Please let me know steps for providing logs & screenshots to you. Thank you.

• 13. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                                  acsauction

HI there.  We have not yet been able to send logs as we have been busy with clients.  We are in the middle of upgrading everyone from 9-10 to 11.  We seem to think that we have isolated when this license violation issue occurs, however.

It seems to happen only when we have databases open that have scripts or database access calls with *BOTH* the IP address *and* an "fmnet" reference in it.

More on this later.  We'll be doing some additional testing as well to see if we can further isolate the issue.

Tony Martin

LV Default

• 14. Re: License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced
                                    barrybuzz

Interesting. I checked the DB in question, but it has no refewrences to external data sources. There is one script that is calling to import records from another table in the same DB.

In that script, the file reference is file:somefilename.fp7. I don't think there are any other references like this in this particular file (at least not in ACTIVE scripts; old/unused scripts might have something).

To the Moderator: Please let me know if you'd also like a DDR?

Thank you.

1 2 Previous Next