AnsweredAssumed Answered

License bug with IWP

Question asked by BarryH on May 5, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 by TSGal

Summary

License bug with IWP & FMP Advanced

Description of the issue

Client version FMP Adv 10.0v3Server version FMS Adv 10.0.2.206 I have a single license of FMP Advanced, which connects to FM Server Advanced. About once a week, I get an error saying that another user is using my license. The odd thing is that the user is always connecting via IWP using a web browser. So obviously, this user could not be using my license key in FireFox.  :smileywink: My only solution is to disconnect the user via the Admin Console, quickly re-launch FMPA & open a db before the user reconnects.  This is less than ideal for obvious reasons. FM Support staff, please assist with determining the cause of this bug? Thank you. The exact text of the message is below: "The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of FileMaker Pro. Please refer to the documentation for further instructions." "License Key conflict occurred with user someusername (servername) [IP Addrress]." "All files will be closed and the application will quit." In the Admin Console, the same user is reported to be using FireFox 3.5 for client version.

Outcomes