License Conflict with myself

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.7

Description of the issue

My computer gets the license conflict message when I try to access the database hosted by another computer if I am within the same network. I have no problem if I access from home or from the network of another organization down the hall. I used to have this problem occasionally when I was on the network wirelessly, but not when I had the ethernet cable plugged in. We recently added a new iMac to the network and moved the databases there. This increased the problem and now I can only get onto the databases from an outside network. I have no problem opening databases that are on my computer. The problem is just with remote databases.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of FileMaker pro. Please refer to the License Key section of your software documentation for further instructions.

License Key conflict occurred with user "MacBook Pro".

All files will be closed and the application will quit.

Workaround

Go to an outside network

• 1. Re: License Conflict with myself
          toddderek

I'm having a similar problem. I have my FM 11v.4 databases hosted on my iMac. I own 3 licenses and have a license for each of my Macs. When I'm connected to my local network (wirelessly) I can connect remotely to my hosted files on my iMac (one a 192.168.0.x) and not get the message about conflicting licenses. However when I connect to my iMac over a public IP (24.216.2xx.xx), I can see the files that are being hosted but when I try to open them, I get the conflicting license error and am forced to quit.

• 2. Re: License Conflict with myself
            toddderek

Also just FYI: I've alreay deleted all com.filemaker.plist files from my User's Preferences folder.

• 3. Re: License Conflict with myself
              TSGal

Todd Derek:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

When FileMaker Pro launches, it reads the License Key and then searches the network for that License Key.  If one is found, then the message above is displayed and it tells you where the License Key conflict occurred.  In the screen shot above, it show that the License Key was found on "Todd Derek's 13-inch MacBook".  Therefore, you will need to switch to your MacBook, and quit FileMaker Pro.  If the MacBook is your current machine, then it is possible you crashed out of FileMaker Pro and restarted before the License Key could have been removed from the network.  If after a minute you are still unable to launch FileMaker Pro, then reboot the MacBook and launch FileMaker Pro again.

I realize it has been almost three months, but if you have since found a resolution, please post here so others with a similar symptom can benefit.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: License Conflict with myself
                JulieCrawford

I have discovered a solution to my license conflict problem - at long last! The conflict happened when I was accessing files from another computer in the office network, while my computer was in the office network (but not from home). The database file that was keying the conflict had multiple data sources, including some on my computer. External data sources can be seen and edited by going to File, Manage, External Data Sources. We cleaned up the data sources so it is only looking in one place for the file and the problem ceased. Hooray!