Limited Local File Access Through Web Viewer in Windows XP
Operating system version
Windows XP Professional
Description of the issue
Interaction with local directories inside Web Viewer produces 'improper argument' errors.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Create a new FileMaker file in Windows XP.
2. Create a single record.
3. Go to layout mode and insert a new Web Viewer.
4. Point the web viewer to a local directory:
ie. "file:///" & Substitute ( "C:\Documents and Settings\
5. Try different interactions with the folders and files you see inside.
Interaction with local files inside Web Viewer to be like that of FMP8.5/WinXP or FMP9+/Win7.
Error messages and graphical clips of menu items.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
* "Encountered an improper argument."
* Windows XP
* FileMaker Pro 9, 10, 11
There's currently no workaround that I know of - other than to use FileMaker Pro 8.5 (which seems to work fine with Windows XP) or Windows 7.