Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. In FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v4 under Mac OS X 10.8.5, I created a table with a Text field named TEXT, and I entered three records with different information in TEXT.
2. On my layout, I entered several lines of text on the layout, interspersed with <<TEXT>> merge field so that it covered most of one page.
3. I pulled down the File menu and selected "Save/Send Records As -> PDF...". I saved the file as Save12.pdf.
4. I pulled down the File menu and selected Print, clicked PDF in the bottom left corner, and saved as PDF using filename "Print12.pdf".
5. I quit FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v4 and opened the database file under FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.0v4.
6. I repeated steps 3 and 4 creating files Save13.pdf and Print13.pdf.
All PDF files look identical. The spacing is the same. The font being used is Arial 12 point.
Was the text typed in manually? Or, was it copied and pasted from somewhere else? What font is being used? Any other information you can provide may help me replicate the issue.