List View: Pop-up Menu in Footer Frozen if Selected Record is not Visible
Operating system version
OS X 10.5
Description of the issue
In List View, a field in the footer set to use a Pop-up Menu to select from a Value List will not function if the currently active record has been scrolled off screen by some distance.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Create a new database with two fields, Field1 and Field2.
2. Create a Value List "ABC" with any two values.
3. Set layout to List View.
4. Put Field2 into the Footer.
5. Configure Field 2 to "Display as: Pop-up Menu"
6. Set "Display values from: ABC"
7. Create 500 random records, any value in Field1.
8. Select the first record.
9. Scroll down 2 or more screens so the selected record (the first record) is far off screen.
10. Click Field2.
Field2 shows a pop-up menu with the two values from the ABC value list.
If the active visible is scrolled off the visible layout by several screens, clicking Field2 does absolutely nothing...the menu does not pop-up.
Note that scrolling one full screen down (clicking below the scroll indicator) does not cause the issue. You need to scroll away by at least two screens for the bug to manifest itself (actually, in my test, one full screen, plus 4 records).
Note that if Field2 is configured to be a Drop-down Menu, it works. This issue is specific to Pop-up Menus.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
Scroll so the active record is visible.