AnsweredAssumed Answered

Long Load/Startup time - FM11

Question asked by ianfdlrs on Mar 25, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 by ianfdlrs

Summary

Long Load/Startup time - FM11

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: FileMaker 11Operating System(s) involved: Windows 7Detailed description of the issue:  I just installed FM11 Advanced, and whenever I run the program, it sits on the initial splash screen for a very long time (minutes), before finally loading and popping up. Whenever I run it, I notice in the Loading area of the splash screen (under the Copyright info), it says Loading...AutoUpdate. This is the part it seems to be hanging on.Exact steps to reproduce the issue: Open FileMaker Pro 11 AdvancedExpected Result: Nearly immediate startupActual Result: Load times of minutes (Probably more than 5)Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared: No error - just long startup time.Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue: I recently installed a NAS, with a few areas on the drive mapped out, that are not currently connected. Note: I just disconnected the mapped drives, and it still does the same thing. Didn't know if it might be trying to scan/locate those drives for any reason.   I turned off the notifications, thinking it might let me manually choose when to update, and that did not help.Any workarounds that you have found: None   Other than that, I cannot think of anything else. Anyone know what might be causing this? Ian

Outcomes