Summary

Mac OS 10.7 and Container Fields

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.7

Description of the issue

I want to report something that is happening with 10.7 and FM Pro 11.  This is repeatable.  There is a work around so it is not a problem but I wanted to mention it in case others were seeing the same issue.

I have my FM database running on an Windows XP server.  I have other data files (Excel and PDFs) on another Windows XP server.  I connect to the FM database using a Mac running 10.7 in remote mode.

When I try to select a data file, either an Excel spreadsheet or PDF file from the one XP server and try to insert it in to the FM database container field, I get the error in a dialog box "The file "?" could not be opened. (Not found).  This is repeatable.

My work around is to copy the file from the server to my local Mac, then I select the copied file and add it to the database.  When I do it with this intermediate step, I do not get any errors.

I was able to copy a file directly from the server to the FM database with Mac OS 10.6.8 just fine.  It might be a problem with Lion more than FM.  However, I just wanted to mention it.

Thanks.