1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 9:51 AM by philmodjunk

Mac OS 10.8.2 update, corrupts FileMaker 11.0v4 files.

javine

Summary

Mac OS 10.8.2 update, corrupts FileMaker 11.0v4 files.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v4

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.8.2

Description of the issue

Today I have upgraded to Mac OS 10.8.2, and when I tried to open two large FileMaker 11.0v4 files the message "files have been damaged or tampered with."  How could this happen with updating the system and not moving the FileMaker files from the desktop. What can I do now?

Steps to reproduce the problem

I went to "Get Info" under Finder-File, and found the FileMaker files were already open to both Read/Write.  I also looked up known solutions, and found nothing for FM11.0v4.

Expected result

To find a solution to the problem.

Thanks,  Jim Vine

FileMaker_Screen_Shot_2013-01-07_at_5.55.02_PM.png

• 1. Re: Mac OS 10.8.2 update, corrupts FileMaker 11.0v4 files.
          philmodjunk

The thing to figure out is which came first, the file damage or the OS update. It's not real common, but once in a while hidden damage to your file causes no noticeable issues until you move to either a new OS or update the exisitng OS version, then you encounter trouble.

Try recovering your file to see if you can, try recovering any back up copies that you may have. If you can move this file to a computer still running an older version of the OS, try opening it there. If you can try recovering it there and moving the recovered copy back to your machine with the updated OS.

Here's a KnowledgeBase article on the specific error message that you have encountered: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4829/kw/export%20records