1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 9:32 AM by TSGal

Major bug with FileMaker 10 sending email

scott2si

Summary

Major bug with FileMaker 10 sending email

Description of the issue

I just discovered a MAJOR BUG with FileMaker 10.0v3 on Mac OS X 10.6.2 with Apple Mail as the default email client:When you use the script step "Send Mail [Send via E-Mail Client]", FileMaker will create the outgoing email in Apple Mail... but it REMOVES THE PERSON'S SIGNATURE from the email. It basically changes the person's signature on their outgoing email to "None", so the person has NO SIGNATURE in their outgoing email!  My clients are getting pretty annoyed over this, because their office sends hundreds of emails from FileMaker through Apple Mail every day. What makes this even more annoying is that if they then go to manually select their signature in Apple Mail, it puts that signature BENEATH any attachments that FileMaker may have added to the outgoing email. Normally, Mail would put the signature ABOVE the attachments. So this has become a real time-consuming affair for them. Can somebody at FileMaker Inc. please fix this ASAP?

• 1. Re: Major bug with FileMaker 10 sending email
          TSGal

scott2si:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, FileMaker Pro is unable to access the signature information in the email client.  FileMaker Pro sends the information to the email client where the email client takes over and sends it out.  I will forward your request to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) department to consider accessing the signature preferences in Apple Mail.  I would also suggest entering this information into our Feature Suggestion web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are additional questions asked that only you can answer. 

In the mean time, please have the clients include their signature in the message that is being sent from FileMaker Pro.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.