Manage Database - Relationships

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

Move and resize of items are lost.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Shift-cmd-D, move and resize some boxes, click OK.
      Open again using Shift-cmd-D, the changes are 'partly' lost.

Expected result

Normal behaviour...

Actual result

Abnormal behaviour...

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

-

Configuration information

-

Workaround

-

• 1. Re: Manage Database - Relationships
          TSGal

Jens Rasmussen:

Thank you for your post.

Does this occur with every file or just one file?

If you create a new file, does the same issue occur?

If you quit and relaunch FileMaker Pro, open the file, does the issue still occur?

Any other information you can provide will let me know which options to pursue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Manage Database - Relationships
            Fimano

It happens with another database that is also hosted on the same server.

It has happened several times with several reboots and relaunches between them.

It also happens for a new file. I can send you one in a pm. I am selecting some boxes (TOs) and moving using alt-cmd-arrow down.

Rgds,

Jens

• 3. Re: Manage Database - Relationships
              TSGal

Jens Rasmussen:

Thank you for the additional information.

On a nearly identical system (MacBook Pro, FileMaker Pro 13.0v5, Mac OS X 10.8.5), I am able to move Table Occurrences around in the Relationships graph, and after pressing OK, closing and reopening the file, the Relationships show the modified placement.  If I move them around again, press OK, quit and relaunch FileMaker Pro, open the file, the Relationships show the modified placement.

Since this is not occurring for you, even with a new database file, either FileMaker Pro is damaged, or the system.

Before reinstalling FileMaker Pro, create a new user account, login to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro, create a database file and see if the issue persists.  If the issue persists, then uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Pro.  If the issue doesn't occur in the new user account, then there is something within your user account.

Please keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Manage Database - Relationships
                TSGal

Jens Rasmussen:

TSFalcon pointed out you were using Alt-Cmd-arrow to move the table occurrences (which I missed).  Once I tried that key combination, I could then replicate the issue on Mac OS X 10.8.5, Mac OS X 10.9.5, and Mac OS X 10.10.2.  The issue does not occur under Windows 7.

If you manually move the table occurrences, the issue does not occur.

I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing department for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Manage Database - Relationships
                  philmodjunk

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.

• 6. Re: Manage Database - Relationships
                    TSGal

Jens Rasmussen:

Our Development and Testing departments are already of this issue as it was previously reported last year by (embarrassingly) me.

Filemaker 13 Mac: moving objects on Relationship Graph with keyboard fails to stick

When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal
                    FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Manage Database - Relationships
                      philmodjunk

And the resulting duplicate entry in the Known Bugs List has been closed.