Manage Layouts... keyboard shortcut no longer available

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v1

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

The keyboard short for the Manage>Layouts. . . menu command has disappeared from FileMaker Pro Advanced v12.0v1. When I launch FileMaker Pro Advanced the keyboard shortcut is available and appears next to the menu command (Shift Command L). I create a new starter solution using the Contacts template and the menu command/keyboard shortcut both work as expected.

When I close the Contacts starter solution the keyboard shortcut for Manage>Layouts. . . no longer appears next to the menu command and doesn't work when I open the Contacts starter solution again.

I've trashed the com.filemaker.client.advanced12.plist preferences with no change.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. launch FileMaker Pro Advanced v12.0v1 and confirm that the keyboard short for the Manage>Layouts. . . menu command is available and appears next to the menu command (Shift Command L)

2. Open a starter solution file and confirm that the that the keyboard short for the Manage>Layouts. . . menu command is available and appears next to the menu command (Shift Command L) and works as expected.

3. Close the starter solution file. The keyboard short for the Manage>Layouts. . . menu command is not available and does not appear next to the menu command (Shift Command L)

Expected result

The keyboard short for the Manage>Layouts. . . menu command is available and appears next to the menu command (Shift Command L) at all times.

Actual result

The keyboard short for the Manage>Layouts. . . menu command is not available and does not appear next to the menu command (Shift Command L) after opening/closing a file.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

FMPA_12_No_Manage_Layouts.png

Outcomes