3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2013 8:23 AM by drrehak

Manage Scripts Scrolling/Folder nesting bug with FMPA 10 on Vista Home SP1

idoc

Summary

Manage Scripts Scrolling/Folder nesting bug with FMPA 10 on Vista Home SP1

Description of the issue

OS: Vista Home Basic SP1FMP: Advanced 10 or Advanced 9 I am unable to drag scripts to the top of the scripts list. There auto-scroll feature, where the list scrolls down as you move the script up, does not function. Also, the nesting of folders and scripts is screwed up so that folders are incorrectly placed inside other folders. NONE of these are issues with XP Pro.

• 1. Re: Manage Scripts Scrolling/Folder nesting bug with FMPA 10 on Vista Home SP1
          TSGal

idoc:

Thank you for your post.

I am using FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced on Windows Vista Business.  The auto-scroll feature works properly for me.

Do you have access to another Vista machine?  If so, please install FileMaker Pro Advanced on that machine and try it.

I will try to find a Vista Home Basic SP1 computer and report back my findings.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Manage Scripts Scrolling/Folder nesting bug with FMPA 10 on Vista Home SP1
            TSGal

idoc:

I was only able to find Vista Business and Vista Ultimate machines; no Vista Home Basic.  On the Vista Ultimate machines, I was able to move the scripts up and/or down.

Is this happening on all of your files?  If unsure, try creating a new database from one of the templates.  It could be the database file is corrupt.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Manage Scripts Scrolling/Folder nesting bug with FMPA 10 on Vista Home SP1
              drrehak

I am having this problem too.  On recovery log:

8496 Balanced out begin and end folder marker

unfortunately, recovered file still has Script moving problem .  Basically, I can't move most of my scripts to a different location.  Its very odd behavior because the first 50 scripts can be moved.  The rest (i have 350 in all) can be moved but jump back to there original position when you let go of the mouse click.  It appears that another script above or below might shift up or down.  I guess I am dealing with a corrupt file?

I found this online too:

Manage Scripts (Scriptmaker) or Manage Layouts Problems:

•           When attempting to move a script to a new position, the script may duplicate itself or disappear, and can not be moved. See Answer ID 6316 "Why am I unable to properly rearrange scripts within ScriptMaker?" [link] There is no solution, other than to delete all scripts from that point down, and recreate them (in FileMaker Advanced, script steps can be copied & pasted). The recreated scripts will have to be reassigned to buttons, etc.           

This is a problem with the internal "catalog" of Scripts (or Layouts)

To repair ( re-catalog ) with Recover try "Copy file blocks as-is", then select "Rebuild Scripts, Layouts" ( FileMaker 10 and higher )

Tip: Sometimes folders are the problem. Try deleting all the folders with an earlier version of FileMaker, where folders show up as blanks