Memory Leak? - FMPA 14

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

14v1

Operating system version

OSX 10.3.3

Description of the issue

Working on a file brand new file (started in FMPA 14v1), I started noticing that jumping in and out of layout and browse mode, FMPA would start to become extremely sluggish.  Clicking on an object for example would take a full 2 seconds before the click registered and the object was selected.  I opened up the Activity Monitor app and noticed that FMPA was using 1.56 GB of memory.  I hadn't run any long scripts or done anything intense with my FM file other than just going in and out of layout and browse mode testing for basic things like conditional formatting and hiding objects.  Has anyone observed this?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Go back and forth between layout and browse mode.

Expected result

Memory to stay relatively the same at normal levels.

Actual result

Increased memory usage by 5x

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None, but I plan to use FMPA until it crashes and will report that report here.

Configuration information

MacBook Pro Retina 15" (late 2014) 2.8 Quad Core i7, 16 GB Ram, 1TB SSD

Workaround

Quit FMPA and reopen.

• 1. Re: Memory Leak? - FMPA 14
          nickorr

Yes, I've seen this.  The more time you spend in layouts, modifying things, the slower FMPA gets.  You need to restart every couple of hours at least.  Similar specs.

Cheers,

Nick

• 2. Re: Memory Leak? - FMPA 14
            TSGal

jasongodoy:

Thank you for your post.

Can you describe your layout in a bit more detail.  That is, how many objects are on the layout?  What type of objects are on the layout (e.g., 10 text fields, 2 portals, 1 merge field, 1 Container field, 1 Web Viewer, etc. - or post a screen shot)?  Any other information you can provide may provide a key into what is causing the memory leak.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.