2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2009 2:55 PM by mnmis

Merge Field repeats contents in Text Box

mnmis

Summary

Merge Field repeats contents in Text Box

Description of the issue

I've been using FM 8 and I just downloaded 10 to see if this bug was fixed - it doesn't look like it. I have text inserted using checkboxes. If I even uncheck a box and recheck it, the text is often added to the text box twice. So, the only way I can fix this is to uncheck the box - which means that the page on which the checkbox appears is incorrect. Another issue is that the text w/merge fields are not WYSIWG - so the spacing is difficult to manage. I constantly find myself readjusting the layouts. Overall, I find the text functions in FM slow and clunky, at best, and the merge field functions, while brillliantly conceived, difficult to work with.

• 1. Re: Merge Field repeats contents in Text Box
          philmodjunk

mnmis wrote:

I've been using FM 8 and I just downloaded 10 to see if this bug was fixed - it doesn't look like it. I have text inserted using checkboxes. If I even uncheck a box and recheck it, the text is often added to the text box twice. So, the only way I can fix this is to uncheck the box - which means that the page on which the checkbox appears is incorrect.

I've been unable to reproduce this bug. I have a two value check box field with the same field next to it but formatted as an edit box so that I can monitor its contents. If I click the first value, I see it appear in the unformatted field exactly as expected. If I uncheck it, it disappears. I've tried checking and unchecking both check boxes in any order I can conceive of and the correct result is entered into the field.

I may be missing something. Perhaps you could spell this one out in more detail?

• 2. Re: Merge Field repeats contents in Text Box
            mnmis
               Thanks for trying.  It happens inconsistently.  I have a pretty large document with a number of text boxes in it.  I think I'll upgrade a couple of our desktops to FM 10 and see if they behave any better than the FM 8.